Revised Market Bag

Okay, the one I was talking about in the last post was really, really ugly.
I ripped it three (3) times and it kept getting uglier. So… a fresh start.

I’ll be reverse-engineering this drying bag that I made a couple of years ago…
OldMBag
(This cat is developing into a total ham and I suspect you’ll be seeing a lot of her.)

So far I’ve done the bottom, which is much larger than I used for the drying bag.
BagBottom2

I’ve also used a different stitch, where I do an extended “Extra YO Top” stitch.
I start by doing a yarn over (YO).
Stitch1

Then I draw a loop through VFrtBar (the one we use for simple stitch),
leaving the YO on the hook.
Stitch2

Then I add a chain to the last loop.
Stitch3

Then I finish the stitch by drawing together the last two (2) loops (including the YO).
Stitch4

I also add a couple of chains to the end stitches,

so that they are the same height.
The left side
Left2

And the right side
Right2

I’m using an eight (8) hook and DK yarn,
so the result is airy and stretchy.
…So that’s it so far.

Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s