Headband Breakthrough…

Yes indeed, there are some exciting times at this end.

I started adding random tops to my tunisian sock stitch
(aka Untwisted VBckBar Stitch)
to improve the fabric’s ventilation and flatness,
and hit on a winner that I should have been using all along.

This is the same foundation with a chain added to the top on the forward pass.
By some notations, that would make it an “Extended Untwisted VBckBar”,
but by my notation it’s a “Chain-top Untwisted VBckBar”.

Informally, I’m calling it the “cuff stitch”
because it would be better than the sock stitch combos that I have been using.

This is what it looks like,
just off of the head:
hb1

stretched:
hb2

and after stretching:
hb3

I’ve also used a row of Purled Post on the top and bottom to make the piece neater,
but those rows are not necessary (because the chain-top stitch does not curl).

Leave a comment

Filed under Crochet Project, Success, Tunisian Crochet Stitches

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s