Looking good…

The sock stitch is working out well as headband material.

First I reproduced the stitch combo that I used for socks:
Sock/simple HB
It’s pretty,
but the simple stitch columns make the fabric significantly less stretchy.

Then I moved to straight sock stitch, which is kinda boring
and I didn’t finish the head band.

Then I moved to straight sock stitch,
except for a couple of rows of sock stitch, but extended upwards with a double-crochet top.

That worked out nicely and looks like this:
Sock/sock DC-top
Nice, very nice!!
Especially if you live in a steamy climate zone, like myself.

This is the back of the head band–the join doesn’t look too bad:
Back

And this is what it looks like on the inside:
Inside
You can see the double-crochet ventilation peeking through.

Good so far…
Next, I’m going to try it in worsted-weight yarn (rather than the DK I used here).

Leave a comment

Filed under Crochet Project, Success, Tunisian Crochet Stitches

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s