I’ve started up another major project and it’s looking promising enough that I think I’ll admit to it. It’s supposed to be a sleeveless sweater, either a shirt or a closed vest. At least that’s the plan…
I’m making up the pattern as I go along, so I started with a sample:
The new stitch is just the Honeycomb Stitch, which I’ve seen used in patterns. It just alternates the purl stitch with the simple stitch. I’ve stuck it on to the end of the “lacy” stitch table in the Stitch Gallery.
Working with the sample, I did some calculations and developed a plan. And as I worked, the plan changed several times, often accompanied by considerable unraveling of yarn.
At this point, I’m happy enough that I don’t think I’ll be unraveling it back to the beginning again.
So, interim progress:
My biggest concern now is how incredibly much yarn this item is taking, compared with the headbands.
I’m also working on major changes in my stitch notation. This will mean major changes to the Stitch Notation page and to my Stitch Gallery entries. But maybe not soon–I don’t want to do it more than once!