Interim progress

Well, things aren’t going that well. So I think I’ll post an interim report before I get frustrated and burn it.

I did get some lovely material made for the purse:
Material

And despite many setbacks, I did get it most of the way to purse-shaped:
Side 1
Side 2

But today, when I tried to put a bottom on it… Argh!!!!

I did very poorly indeed until I finally figured out what stitch markers were for (I’ve just been using them to hold the open loop between sessions).

With help from the markers, I did finally get a bottom on and in the right shape, but…
Markers
Markers and bottom

It’s getting further and further away from my vision.

So, I think I’m going to stew on this a while
and maybe take off the bottom & try again.

Or maybe I’ll burn it.
(Later edit: I’ve unraveled the bottom, so the rest is safe from burning.
Well, for today anyway.)

Leave a comment

Filed under Crochet Project, Not a success

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s