Now that I’ve figured out a purpose for tilting stitches, I thought I’d try it.
The Arrowhead stitch runs tilted if you do it as B/y(2a)y and square if you do it as B/(2a)yy, so I made a wavy headband, which alternated 4 rows of each. (Well… roughly 4 rows of each.)
You have to be quite alert during the tilting, B/y(2a)y rows, because adding a yarn-over (doing an increase) first, makes working the edges different for every row.
One of the edges was less regular than the other, so I chose that one for a traditional crocheted shell brim.
This produced my usual style of headband.
But I’ve posted it upside down, because it’s also a pretty good crown. 🙂